Students wear their everyday clothes to School. We encourage students to consider the practicality and potential impact of their clothing, eg. aggressive visual images, in a Kindy to Year 12 environment.
There is, however, a dress code as set out below.
Clothing for school needs to:
- be appropriate to a school setting e.g. short shorts are not suitable for a school setting, midriff is to be covered, and shoulders are to be covered when outdoors.
- enable freedom of movement without constant adjustments
- provide adequate cover and sun protection
- not be ragged, torn or dirty
- not contain negative messages or images
- include a hat which provides protection for face, ears and necks. Beanies are acceptable on very cold, low UV days
- include closed shoes throughout the year (it is strongly recommended that primary children wear runners)
- be labelled with your child's name. We take clothing that has not been claimed and has no name tag to a charity bin at the end of each term.
Winter Weather Information
Please make sure that your child arrives at school dressed for the weather – winter coats, hats, gloves when necessary. During the winter terms (May to September) temperatures can be unpredictable, and dressing in layers is advised.